Saturday, October 4, 2008

Am I Good Enough?

Tonight I was blessed with the wonderful opportunity of attending the Priesthood session of General Conference. I always look forward to going and hearing the wonderful words and council of our church leaders. It buoys me up and recharges my spirit. There are few things greater. As I was listening to President Eyring's talk he was mentioning how some of us wonder if we feel good enough to serve in the callings that we have been placed in. As those words fell from his lips the Spirit spoke to me through song and blessed me with a beautiful song to share with the world. There is no other explanation for what happened. The song came into my mind faster than I could write it down - words and melody. I continued to listen to the speakers as I wrote and I didn't even have to think about what I was writing. The drive home was too long because I couldn't wait to sit at the piano and play this beautiful new tune that I had been graced with. I sat at the piano and played it and was so overcome that I couldn't even sing the song all the way through. I've tried five times and I still can't! How magnificent the Lord is and how wonderful are his blessings. It will take some time for me to get the song recorded, but I can't wait to be able to share this with everyone. I believe that at one time or another we all feel this way. Here are the words:


Am I good enough to do all that is asked of me?
Am I strong enough to be who I know I should be?
Can I learn to lift up others as Christ would have me do?
Am I enough to do the things that I should do?

Am I good enough to hear the Spirit's tender voice?
Am I strong enough to always make the righteous choice?
Can I listen to the Savior and love his words so true?
Am I enough to do the things that I should do?

I know He is there
And He hears my prayers
He lifts me up when I begin to fall
And upon my knees
How He comforts me
I'll rise up and press onward to his call

I am good enough to serve the Lord with tenderness!
I am strong enough to stand for truth and righteousness!
I can walk in Jesus' footsteps as he would have me do!
I am enough to do the things that I should do!


I have a firm testimony that the Lord hears our prayers and answers them in ways that we somtimes don't expect. Before conference began I had been praying to hear what the Lord wanted me to hear. These are the words that I needed to hear, and I know that there are many more words that I will hear that will continually guide me in the footsteps of my Savior. I have a testimony that Christ lives and loves each and every one of us. He knows us by name. He knows what we need. I have a testimony that the Gospel of Jesus Christ has been restored to the earth in these latter days and that there is a prophet on the earth that speaks with the Savior daily. What a wonderful time to be alive. How grateful I am for all the blessings and talents that I have received and I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

2 comments:

Brent and Mary Rose said...

That is so amazing that you have been blessed with that talent! I can't wait to here it Val!

mamasteph said...

Beautiful, absolutely beautiful! How lucky am I to be married forever to such an amazing man?!